The Hand-to-Mouth Players are now accepting manuscripts for their 20th Annual Award Winning One-Act Playwright/Director's Workshop.
Submission Deadline: April 30th, 2011
Manuscripts accepted for:
· One-Act plays
· No more than 25 minutes in length
· Minimal staging and sets
· Casts of 5 or less preferred
· Play must be previously unpublished*
· * for details contact Elaine at Elaine.Sinacore@htmplayers.com
· Submit manuscript by e-mail or snail-mail, to addresses below.
· $15 submission fee for each snail-mailed play, $20 submission fee for each e-mailed play
· Send check payable to HTM Players, to the P.O. Box shown below. Include Author and Title on the check. Plays will NOT be considered until the check is received.
· Include a title page with the following information: Name, Address, Phone number, E-mail Address, Approx. length of play (in minutes). Please include title and page number on every page.
· DO NOT put author’s name on any page other than title page. The plays will be read anonymously.
Manuscripts will NOT be returned and critiques will not be given on those plays not chosen for the workshop.
Selected plays will be performed in September 2011 in Buchanan/Montrose, NY. Up to 5 plays will be performed.
A representative from the Theatre Association of New York State (TANYS) will adjudicate the last performance. Feedback will be given to the playwrights, directors, actors, and the individual productions. Audience members will also participate with anonymous comment sheets. One play may be selected to perform at the TANYS Festival in November, 2011. www.tanys.org
E-mail Manuscript to:
Mail manuscript/check to:
HTM Playwright / Director's Workshop
P.O. Box 163
Montrose, NY 10548
For Questions contact: Gary Simon, Artistic Liaison (914) 734-8486